Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome to my alleged renaissance

Last year was a wash for me. The stress of my day job meant that I had little time and no emotional fortitude to do anything creative. I suffered because of it. I managed a few interesting creative projects - most notably some clever birthday cakes, both of which involved significant marzipan and lots of food coloring:
April Garden Cake for Bruce's Grandmother's 93rd Birthday



Safari Cake for the Great May Birthday Celebration

(whereupon war broke out over who got the blue hippo...go figure...)



This year, however, I'm planning on getting back into my studio and doing something less fattening in the creative department.

Here's a sneak preview - for the last 4 years, my eldest godchild and I have taken a lampworking class together to celebrate her birthday. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the collection of handmade beads I've created, but here are a few photos of some of the more choice pieces:




Join me, as I attempt to keep myself motivated, not just with some quilting projects, but with some other creative endeavors as well. Stay tuned, and I'll attempt to share what I'm working on, and what I'm finding inspiring.

And please, if you see something that inspires you - will you share?

No comments:

Post a Comment